It's Award Season. You knew that, right? Well guess what? Jenn (amazing writer) over at Something Clever 2.0 gave me The Liebster Award. I have to confess a dark secret...I've been given this award before. *gasp*
It seems like only yesterday...or last year.
I remember the tweet that said I was "nominated" for the award. My
first thought was, "Well, if it's a contest I'm screwed." Then I read
the post and found out that the nomination WAS the award. Ok. I was feeling a
little better. Since then, I've received a few other blog awards.
The thing about these awards though, is that there are usually several tasks
the recipients must complete. I know some bloggers sort of dis the award scene
and think of them as just another obligation. But I think the purpose of these awards is completely awesome AND it's a great way to meet new bloggers. Plus, it's really nice when people say,
"Hey Lucy, I think your blog doesn't suck." And that makes me happy.
The purpose of blog awards is to acknowledge other bloggers we respect and
get to know new bloggers better. I think. I do love to check out the other blogs that were
given the awards. That's probably how I met YOU.
It's nice, don't you think?
So I say thank you to Jenn at Something Clever 2.0 and congratulations to the award winners to come.
The Liesbster award is given to new or up and coming
bloggers who have less than 200 followers. The award is then passed along
to other bloggers in the same category to help spread the word and support each
- Each blogger should post 11
random facts about themselves.
- Answer the questions the
tagger has set for you, then create 11 new questions for the bloggers you
pass the award to.
- Choose 11 new bloggers (with
less than 200 followers) to pass the award to and link them in your post.
- Go to their page and tell
them about the award.
- No tag backs.
11 Random Things About Lucy:
1. I am a completely random person. That's why Twitter is perfect for me.
2. I was named after Elvis Presley's daughter and I'm an Elvis fanatic. Yes, I am aware he's no longer with us...or is he?3. I can fix just about anything. Really. I fixed the cruise control in our car, our dishwasher door, the glass hinge on our SUV, need I go on? I <3 tools.
4. I invented the Red Box. Really. I'll post about it.
5. I turned 40 this year, I've been married to Desi for 21 years, and our oldest is 10. Do the math.
6. I was once rescued by the rock band, Brother Cane just after almost being arrested for yelling at a tow truck driver.
7. I used to drive a motorcycle.
8. I worked on an off-shore oil rig.
9. I make jewelry.
10. I'm a pretty good cook, imo.
11. My dream jobs would be to be a librarian or work in a museum.
Jenn's 11 Questions For Me plus My Answers:
Cutsie spelling for businesses, e.g. Klip Joynt - hair cuts
2.If you had to have the same breakfast, lunch, dinner, snack, dessert, alcoholic beverage and non-alcoholic beverage every day for the rest of your life, what would they be? (Calories don’t count.)
brie and bread, Pasta Carbonara, prime rib, Red Hot Cheetos, creme brulee, Tequila, and water. Whoa. Issues.
3.If you had to be an animal, what would you be?
A platypus. Those things are awesome!
4.What’s your favorite book?
5.What is the weirdest food you’ve ever tried?
That's a tough one. I think I'll go with sea urchin.
6.What did you do as a kid, that your kid(s) better not try?
Be in a beauty pageant.
7.Who is your favorite superhero?
Wolverine. The Hugh Jackman version. Grrrr-owl.
8.Without Googling, name one of your congressmen.
Hottie Paul Ryan
9.What color are your fingernails and toenails right now? (If you said “flesh,” you fail. Go paint ‘em.)
10.Where would you like to live, assuming money is no object and you could bring everyone you love with you? Italy.
11.What was the last concert you went to?
Will you be a darling and come back in a few? I must change a poopy diaper right now, it's time to feed the children again, and then naps. Then I'll pass the award on to my 11 choices. Be right back!