When I started blogging in 2009, I was just another small voice in a big crowd. And I still am. But every single day I meet more amazing and inspiring people. So when someone passes on an award to me like this one from The Geek Wife, it fills my heart right up. And I'm not usually all mushy like this. The fact that it's called The Inspiring Blog Award is really cool too. That's exactly what I love to do. It's my passion to inspire. I'm a teacher, a mother, a wife, a friend, a sister, a daughter, and a blogger. If I can inspire even one person to reach inside themselves and find their passion or gift to share with others, I am a happy girl.
So here it is. Isn't it pretty?
With notoriety, comes responsibility to pay it forward.
Recipients Of This Award Are Obligated Under Penalty Of Bad Kharma To Do The Following:
- Display the award image on your blog.
- Link back to the person who nominated you.
- State 7 things about yourself.
- Nominate 15 other bloggers and link to their sites.
- Notify the bloggers that they have been nominated and link to the post.
- AND (I added this one myself) raise your right hand in the air, reach up over your opposite shoulder, and give yourself a pat. What you write and do makes a difference. At least it did to me.
7 Inspirational Things About Me - Geez, this is going to tough. I could talk about me ALL day!
1. I'm a former teacher. I think the state of some of our schools is absolutely despicable. I happen to think learning should and can be fun. I also happen to believe that ALL children can learn. We might just need to try a different way. I also think school staff can be total assholes to parents. Ummm, aren't we supposed to be working together here? I LOVED teaching. I miss it.
2. I was raised by a father with a disability. He is more capable than most able-bodied young punks. He taught me there are no roadblocks in life. Only detours. He taught me to be a strong person and to rely on myself. There is no can't, only won't.
3. I love stories. I love to listen to them, tell them, read them, write them. Some day I hope to publish a few.
4. I genuinely like all people and I believe we can learn something from every person we meet.
5. I have the ability and knowledge to teach any person how to read. I'm not kidding.
6. I am passionate about learning. I absolutely LOVE to learn. It's a weakness, really.
7. This year was a really rough year for me. My fellow bloggers and readers are the strength that got me through it. I got by with a little help from my friends.
*Bonus: If you read all 7, you owe me a beer.
Inspiring Bloggers You Should Get To Know - A.K.A. Inspiring Blog Awardees
1. Big A Little a - because she is has a huge heart and a foul mouth, 2 of my favorite character traits.
2. Something Clever 2.0 - not because she also gave an award, but because I think she's a writing genius and I think we'd be bff's in real life and she likes goats.
3. The World According To Julie - I accidentally found her while searching for my fairy blog mother.
4. Life According To Julie - My fairy blog mother, fabulous blogging consultant, amazing blogger.
5. The Bloggess - because she IS inspiring to me as a writer and as a strong woman. I'm pretty sure no one has given her this award yet so I'm certain she'll graciously accept it and stuff. I'll keep you posted.
6. Uncensored Mama - we have a lot in common.
7. My Brain On Kids - She just makes blogging look so easy.
8. It's A Dome Life - because every time I read a post, she makes me smile. This is what "happy" looks like.
9. Daddy Knows Less - because Dads are inspiring bloggers too. Plus, they need a pretty pink award.
10. Daddy's In Charge - again, great Dad blogger.
11. Insomniac's Dream - She writes while the world sleeps. And she just might loathe awards but I <3 her. So there.
12. Diapers Or Wine - You'll just have to go see for yourself. She's just. So.
13. One Funny Motha - She tells it like it is.
14. Cloudy With A Chance Of Wine - Wears heals, drinks wine, mother blogger. Need I say more?
15. Enchanted Seashells - She's a tugboat captain's wife. I mean, how many can say that?
Whether or not you choose to participate in blog awards, please take a minute or two to check out The Geek Wife and the bloggers I passed the award on to. They are truly inspiring bloggers.
So thank you, Mrs. Geek for sharing this wonderful award with me. YOU are inspiring and I am honored to be in your company.