I'm going to give it a shot. Not because I feel pressured by superior bloggers to do so, even though I feel pressured by superior bloggers. Not because I'm a follower, although I am SO TOTALLY following YOU.
No. I'm going to do it to prove to myself that I can in fact, do at least one thing that is NOT random. One thing that IS predictable. One thing I won't get bored with and abandon for a new sparkly idea next week. We'll see how that goes.
The Friday 5 will be my version of a weekly wrap-up. I sort of figured I'd leave it vague enough to include 5 of anything I wanted.
~favorite posts by superior bloggers
~stuff I found
~stuff I pinned
If you come back next week and there isn't a new Friday 5, you have my full permission to chew me out. K? And now for...
The Friday 5 (echo, echo, echo)
1. This week, I visited one of my original followers and favorite writer, Todd. We met on Twitter, I think. Then I invited him to #wineparty like I do everyone I meet there because I'm a #wineparty whore. He's hilarious and if you haven't read his blog Crakgenius, you should. I found out that his Exmil (ex mother-in-law) moved in and painted flamingos on the walls of the bedroom she hijacked from him. You see, he lives with his ex-wife and her new Italian husband. I learned that his shoes leak and he is comfortable gambling at the expense of his standing poker player friends. I learned that once again, I can leave a comment on a blog post that is almost long enough to be its own post here.
2. This week, I learned that I'm accidentally making people hate me. I'm not sure if it is exclusive to IRL people, or virtual friends too. God. I hope it's only the in-real-life ones. Them, I can do without. Probably.
3. This week, I learned that life is a bitch and so was my grandmother. I also learned that I have some VERY special and supportive blog friends out there who are genuinely caring and kind.
4. This week I learned that Pho and Buffalo Wings make my guts ignite. I found myself trapped in beer cooler curtains. I was reminded how difficult it is for me to say no. Ever.
5. Finally, I was reminded that there are so many talented and fun people to meet out there in the world. Some of these people have helped me cross things off of my Goddard List, others have been the inspiration that helped me grow. A special thank you to Tracy Winslow at Momaical who also recruited and organized The Epistolarians - love them all! And the gals at Life Well Blogged who were kind enough to publish some of my stories in their books.
2012 was full of surprises and great opportunities. I can't wait to see what 2013 brings! See you next Friday.